Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This Gluten Free Broccoli Cheddar Soup is such a quick and simple recipe that is filled with so much flavor it’s ridiculous! With minimal effort, you can whip up this warm and cheesy soup in less than 30 minutes.
Before I knew I had celiac, I loved going to Panera Bread and indulging in their Broccoli Cheddar Soup served in a warm bread bowl. It always hit the spot for me and I could never seem to get enough. For a while, I was going every week to Panera to get my fix of their broccoli cheddar soup. That was until I found out that it contained gluten and I couldn’t eat it anymore (even without the bread bowl)!
It's been two years since I've had broccoli cheddar soup, so I was really excited to try out a Gluten Free Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe. This definitely is my new favorite. Sorry Panera (I still love you though).
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 teaspoons garlic minced
- 3 1/2 cups of gluten free chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large pot, heat garlic for about 30 seconds.
2. Add in the chicken broth, heavy cream, almond milk, butter, bay leaves, salt, and pepper, pretty much all of the ingredients except for the cheese! Stir well and bring to a boil. Turn stove down to medium heat and cover pot to let the broccoli become tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the broccoli is tender, begin to stir in cheese slowly. Add only a little of the cheese in at a time, stirring in well allowing it to melt. Once the cheese is melted and blended well, add in more of the cheese. Continue to do this until all of the cheese has been added.
4. Dish into individual bowls and serve with bay leaves for garnish. Serve warm and enjoy!
I started this blog three years ago after I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. After struggling to adjust to a mandatory gluten free diet, I wanted to create a resource for others trying to learn their way around this gluten filled world.