Cheese Taco Shell Turkey Tacos
This is a keto and gluten free recipe that is easier to make than you think! Dairy lovers will love that there is the cheesy after taste in every bite from the the taco shells, which are made from melted cheese. The cheese based taco shells makes this recipe both low in carbs and keto friendly. See how to do it below:
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Boathouse Farms Cilantro Avocado Yogurt Dressing (or choose your own gluten free creamy dressing!)
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 2 cups of spinach
- cilantro for garnish
- sour cream for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Start to make evenly spaced out cheese piles on the baking sheet. Flatten out each cheese taco shell and creating a circle shape and push any straggling cheese tight into the shell. Place in oven and cook for 5-7 minutes until outside of the shell becomes an organ color. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
2. In a large pan, heat olive oil and garlic on high heat. Cook turkey meat until brown, drain any excess oil. Season how you prefer with your favorite taco seasoning. I used a blend of garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, red cayenne pepper, and seasoning salt.
3. Dice avocado, dice red onion, remove cilantro leaves from stems, and cut up lime into wedges.
4. Dress the tacos. Using Boathouse Farms Cilantro Avocado Yogurt Dressing, evenly spread dressing as a base to the shell. Continue to add spinach, ground turkey meat, diced red onions, diced avocado, a dollop of sour cream, cilantro, and finish off by squeezing lime juice over the top of each taco. Serve warm and enjoy.
I started this blog three years ago after I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. After struggling to adjust to a mandatory gluten free diet, I wanted to create a resource for others trying to learn their way around this gluten filled world.