Instant Pot Sweet Potato Stew
Another Instant Pot recipe from the Gluten Free Instant Pot Cookbook. This time I tried the Immune-Boost Chard and Sweet Potato Stew. It is a healthy, quick, immune boosting, gluten free dinner. Here is how I did it:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced to 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 1 lemon wedge for serving
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil with the Sauté setting on the Instant Pot. Add in the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
2. Add the cut up sweet potato, ginger, turmeric, ground coriander, and salt and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add in the vegetable broth and cilantro.
3. Press cancel to stop the Sauté setting. Place lid on and lock the pot. Turn the Pressure Release to the Sealing position. Select the Pressure Cook setting with a time of 8 minutes on high pressure.
4. After hearing the beeps when cooking is complete, let set for 10 minutes. Use a towel or oven mitt to switch the Pressure Release to the Venting position and wait for all stem to be released.
5. Unlock lid and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve stew in bowl and garnish with cilantro and lemon wedge.
I started this blog three years ago after I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. After struggling to adjust to a mandatory gluten free diet, I wanted to create a resource for others trying to learn their way around this gluten filled world.