Shrimp Pad Thai
Rainy weather makes me crave Pad Thai, but it’s not always easy to find a gluten free option. Here is a gluten free Shrimp Pad Thai recipe that I found that is easy to follow.
Important Note: Be sure that you use gluten free fish sauce, soy sauce, and Pad Thai rice noodles to keep this recipe gluten free. I found gluten free chooses for these three sauces at Sprouts Farmers Market.
- 1 box of Annie Chun's pad thai rice noodles
- 1/2 pound of shrimp
- 2 tablespoon gf soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 egg
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- green onions (sliced)
- olive oil
- 1/3 cup gf chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
1. Cook pad thai rice noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain noodles and rinse with cool water. Let cool.
2. Pour 1 teaspoon of soy sauce over in a bowl and mix in shrimp and set aside.
3. In a bowl, squeeze out juice of the lime, add chicken stock, vinegar, brown sugar, fish sauce and soy sauce. Mix well.
4. Heat large skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add shrimp to pan and cook for 2 minutes. In a separate pan, scramble the egg and once fried, add the cooked egg to the shrimp pan. Add the rice noodles and while stirring the pan regularly, pour pad thai sauce mix over the rice noodles, adding only 1/2 the sauce at first. Continue to stir pad thai while adding the rest of the sauce.
5. Add in bean sprouts, cilantro, and green onion stirring evenly. Serve hot and enjoy!
I started this blog three years ago after I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. After struggling to adjust to a mandatory gluten free diet, I wanted to create a resource for others trying to learn their way around this gluten filled world.