gluten free features
Tacos, Salads, Bowls, Kid Friendly, Tortilla Chips
Having to adjust to being celiac can be really frustrating. You have to re-learn what you can eat and discover where is safe for you to eat. Deciding where to eat can be a nightmare especially if I am in a new place or in a crunch for time. It has been really comforting to have options like Chipotle that are so common you can find them almost anywhere.
Chiptole has an allergy menu online that includes a chart with common allergies such as dairy, soy, gluten sulphites, vegetarian, and vegan options. They also have predesigned bowls for those on diets such as keto, paleo, or whole30. In addition they have vegetarian and vegan predesigned bowls ready to order on their website.
- Flour tortillas are the only items NOT gluten-free.
- Corn tortillas must be raw, don’t get them toasted on the press.
- Ask the server to change their gloves before starting with your bowl.
- Have a non-Celiac first to see how the server is handling the lettuce. Only get lettuce if they are using tongs, not their hands.
- CILANTRO-LIME RICE
- BROWN RICE
- BLACK BEANS
- PINTO BEANS
- FAJITA VEGETABLES
- FRESH TOMATO SALSA
- ROASTED CHILI_CORN
- SALSA TOMATILLO
- GREEN-CHILI SALSA
- SOUR CREAM
- CHIPTOLE HONEY VINAIGRETTE
- MONTEREY JACK CHEESE
- CRISPY CORN TORTILLAS
**This menu was taken from my experience at this restaurant and may have changed since my visit or vary by location. Please check with the restaurant prior to your visit to ensure the best dining experience by visiting their website or calling them in advance. Always be sure to communicate any food allergies you have with your waiter(es) during your dining experience.**