Cauliflower Mac and Cheese with Pancetta
This is a fast, simple, gluten free, low carb take of the traditional comfort food mac and cheese. The cauliflower switch up gives this dish a whopping load of nutrients to help fuel you, while keeping the recipe gluten free.
With a delicious cheese blend drizzled on top served with pancetta, you can hardly even tell that you are eating cauliflower. To top it off, this recipe is also keto!
I started this blog after I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. After struggling to adjust to a mandatory gluten free diet, I wanted to create a resource for others trying to learn their way around this gluten filled world.
1 head of cauliflower, florets removed to bit size pieces
3 tablespoons butter, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
4 oz pancetta
parmesan cheese to top
1. Preheat oven to 450° Fahrenheit. Line a cooking sheet with wax paper.
2. Break cauliflower head into small bite size florets and place in large bowl. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in microwave for about 20 minutes. Mix butter in the bowl with cauliflower and add salt and pepper, mix well covering all cauliflower bites evenly. Line cauliflower florets onto the baking sheet and cook in oven for 13-15 minutes, until they are cooked through and beginning to turn crisp.
3. On a small skillet warm olive oil. Once warm add pancetta and cook evenly for about 5 minutes. While the pancetta is cooking, in a medium sized pot, mix together the cheddar cheese, heavy cream, almond milk, and 1 tablespoon of butter. Mix regularly until cheese reaches and even consistency and is warm.
4. Place the cooked cauliflower florets into a medium size bowl for mixing. Pour the cheese and pancetta over the cauliflower (a.k.a our gluten free macaroni noodles) and stir until all cauliflower bites are covered.
5. Serve warm topped with parmesan cheese and enjoy!