read on, eat freely, and enjoy!

GLUTEN FREE

SOCIALITE

*Any information on this blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Readers with any medical concerns or issues should consult with their medical doctor.

©2020 by Gluten Free Socialite

  • Gluten Free Socialite

Gluten Free Fast Food French Fry Trivia

Can you guess if these fast food chain french fries are gluten free?


French fries on their own should be gluten-free because potatoes are gluten-free by nature. However, there is more that goes into play to determine if the finished product is gluten-free or not.


French fries must be cooked in a dedicated gluten-free fryer to be considered gluten free. Another factor that comes into play is the ingredients that restaurants use to flavor their fries. These are two essential things to look out for when searching for gluten-free fries.

.

So let's take a look at a few popular fast food chains and their french fries. Can you guess if these fast food chain french fries are gluten free? **The answers below are determined by US chain fast food restaurants. Be sure to check your countries fast food nutrition website to determine whether their fries are gluten free or not.




1. In-n-Out



70% of you answered that In-n-Out fries are gluten free on instagram. While the other 30% voted that they were not gluten free.






Answer: True! In-n-Out french fries are gluten free!









Let's all rejoice together, In-n-Out french fries are gluten free! They are made in a dedicated gluten free fryer. In addition, they can make their famous hamburger, cheeseburgers, and double doubles protein style which replaces that gluten filled bun with a lettuce wrap. Not a bad option to check out if you're on the West Coast.

Check out the Allergy Guide for In-n-Out here.


2. Jack In the Box



Only 20% of you answered that Jack in the Box french fries are gluten free on the instagram. poll. While a majority of you voted that Jack IN The Box french fries are not gluten free with a majority of 80% clicks on the "false" button.



Answer: True! The allergen reference guide on Jack In The Box's website list their french fries to be free of wheat.






Surprise, surprise! Jack in the Box french fries are gluten free! Sadly, it's one of the few items that we can actually eat there. Almost every other item has an "X" mark in the wheat column.


Check out the Allergy Guide for Jack In The Box here.


3. McDonalds



The few 30% of you were hopeful that McDonal's french fries are gluten free, while the other 70% of you were suspicious about this fast food giants french fries being safe to eat for celiacs.


Answer: False! In the United States, McDonald's fries use a natural beef flavoring that contains wheat, and therefore are NOT gluten-free.








This came in as a shock to most of you, and even to me to be honest. According to McDonald's US allergen guide, the french fries ingredients are listed as the following:



Ingredients: potatoes, vegetable oil (canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]'), dextrose, sodium acid, pyrophosphate (maintain color), salt. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milks as starting ingredients.


Contains: WHEAT, MILK.






Check out the Allergy Guide for USA McDonald's here.







4. Burger King




For the final poll, only 28% believed that Burger King french fries are gluten free. The majority of you answered that they were not gluten free at 72% tapping on the "false".




Answer: False! They are cooked in the same fryer as hash browns, which contain wheat and expose them to cross-contamination, and therefore aren't gluten-free!








Sadly, if your celiac, you can no longer enjoy burger king french fries. However, they do have tacos, salads,


Check out the Allergy Guide for Burger King here.


That's all for fry trivia! I hope you enjoyed this segment. Be sure to stay tuned on instagram @glutenfreesocialite for stories for more gluten free trivia!


What kind of gluten free trivia would you guys be interested in seeing next? Comment below to let me know!


XOXO Gluten Free Socialite